You might be witnessing the destruction of American democracy if...
1. ...a president demonizes a free and independent press.
2. ...a president's chief of staff attempts to induce FBI officials to deny press reports that have implicated that president's inner circle in secret dealings with a foreign, hostile government.
3. ...a president views more than half of the nation's population as a threat to his power, assaults his perceived enemies with violent rhetoric, and takes steps to isolate them (see # 1 above).
4. ...a president is compulsively more concerned about his own image than he is in consensus-building with a majority of the citizens who do not agree with him.
5. ...a president has nothing to fear from a complacent Congress in the way of oversight or investigation.
6. ...a president that claims he cannot have a conflict of interest.
7. ...a president that attacks the 3rd branch of government as "so-called judges."