Some takeaways from yesterday's primary:
1. Ted Cruz outpolled Donald Trump in Watauga.
2. The total Democratic ballots cast yesterday in Watauga = 1,181 more individual ballots than the total Republican ballots case for all 13 presidential candidates (including "No Preference").
3. Bernie Sanders buried Hillary Clinton in Watauga. The interest in that race obviously explains # 2 above.
4. Incumbent NC House Rep. Jonathan Jordan easily beat challenger Lew Hendricks, which is too bad.
5. Second-time Democratic candidate Sue Counts easily beat challenger Ronnie Marsh.
6. Franklin Graham's tool Deanna Ballard edged the vastly more qualified Ken Boham in the Dist. 45 NC Senate Republican primary, 52.96% to 47.04%. Boham should have won it.
7. Former Raleigh Mayor Charles Meeker won his Secretary of Labor primary and is well set up to take on and beat incumbent disgrace Cherie Berry, "the elevator lady."
8. Ron Elmer, the more qualified candidate in the Democratic primary for Treasurer, took Watauga County but lost the state to Dan Blue III, who can still win the general election on the strength of his name alone.
9. Linda Coleman won the Democratic primary for Lieutenant Governor. Watauga County went for her opponent Holly Jones, a Buncombe County Commissioner.
Wednesday, March 16, 2016
Posted by J.W. Williamson at 3/16/2016 08:36:00 AM
Labels: Bernie Sanders, Charles Meeker, Cherie Berry, Deanna Ballard, Donald Trump, Franklin Graham, Hillary Clinton, Jonathan Jordan, Ken Boham, Lew Hendricks, Sue Counts, Ted Cruz
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment