|Tim Moore and Phil Berger|
Unable to win a second term for McCrory, the General Assembly -- principally Phil Berger and Tim Moore, leading their respective houses of the GA -- are now proposing to overturn the results of the election by depriving our new governor of executive power.
Namely, from reports of observers in Raleigh, they are proposing to...
1. Remove Medicaid from control of the governor, moving it under the new Treasurer, who is Republican.
2. Remove the office of human resources from the governor and give it to the lieutenant governor, who is Republican.
3. Remove control of the boards of elections -- all of them -- from the governor and give it to the lieutenant governor.
4. Reclassify approximately 1,000 state jobs from "political" (subject to appointment by the governor) to non-political. These were jobs that had been reclassified "political" for McCrory's benefit when he took office.
5. Give McCrory lifetime coverage under the state health-care plan.
Your usurpers-of-power at work.