Art Pope certainly owns North Carolina. The long-anticipated Jane Mayer profile of Pope, and of the 2010 theft of the NC General Assembly, is finally out in the New Yorker and makes for truly depressing reading.
Not that those of us paying attention here in-state didn't already know most of the details.
Art Pope, the Koch brothers (and there's new news about them too!), and the rest of the wealthiest 1% are shoving their version of greed onto the rest of us 99%. Only a general uprising of The People can turn the tide, and perhaps that's happening now ... in a wave that will end up making the Tea Party nothing but a curious footnote about how Pope and his Peeps managed to hoodwink a small minority of people to their program.
The People are Too Big to Fail!